A Thankful Heart!
The Goodness of God - is never ending!
I would love to try to testify of all of the ways that God has provided for us. From the time we got married to when God gave us our first child - even to this day with the upcoming birth of our sixth child.
Today, I started my first semester of my second year at Seminary. I walked into my first class, and a dear friend of ours, said - "I have something for you, let me run out to the car and grab it." - He came back in to class with a duffel bag, and inside the bag was filled with books for our kids. As I type this, my older two children are engrossed in books that they were given today! This sounds so menial to some, but to us, this is such a gift from God.
I heard a great thought -
A self-righteous and critical spirit cannot take root in a heart that's soil is full of thanksgiving!!!
May I be a grateful man...
Because HIS Wrath is Satisfied...
PS - We sing this song with our kids ...
I thank God for this day
for the sun in the sky
for my mum & my dad
for my piece of apple pie
for our home on the ground
for His love is all around
that's why we say -
thanks everyday
because a thankful heart
is a greatful heart
I'm glad for what I have
it's an easy place to start
for the love that we share
for He listens to our prayers
thats why we say -
Thanks EVERYDAY!!!
Courtesy Veggie Tales - Madaam Blueberry
I would love to try to testify of all of the ways that God has provided for us. From the time we got married to when God gave us our first child - even to this day with the upcoming birth of our sixth child.
Today, I started my first semester of my second year at Seminary. I walked into my first class, and a dear friend of ours, said - "I have something for you, let me run out to the car and grab it." - He came back in to class with a duffel bag, and inside the bag was filled with books for our kids. As I type this, my older two children are engrossed in books that they were given today! This sounds so menial to some, but to us, this is such a gift from God.
I heard a great thought -
A self-righteous and critical spirit cannot take root in a heart that's soil is full of thanksgiving!!!
May I be a grateful man...
Because HIS Wrath is Satisfied...
PS - We sing this song with our kids ...
I thank God for this day
for the sun in the sky
for my mum & my dad
for my piece of apple pie
for our home on the ground
for His love is all around
that's why we say -
thanks everyday
because a thankful heart
is a greatful heart
I'm glad for what I have
it's an easy place to start
for the love that we share
for He listens to our prayers
thats why we say -
Thanks EVERYDAY!!!
Courtesy Veggie Tales - Madaam Blueberry


1 Comments:
i love that song!
is there anything specific you or your family needs/wants?
Post a Comment
<< Home