Negative about The Bride of Christ???
Do you get irritated by people?
Do you get frustrated too?
Could you say that you have a judgmental or critical view of others?
Today is Sunday, a day that I have really looked forward to, and at times dreaded.
Why?
Because I have viewed the day with my own thoughts. My own critical, judgmental, frustration, & irritation. How very sad! I have made it ALL ABOUT ME!
Do you go to Church?
My wife and I are in the process of looking for a Church. It has been a very difficult process. I come with all my demands, much like a shopping list... Cry Room - Tic - Friendly - Tic - Good refreshments afterwards? - Tic - Faithful to preaching the gospel - Ummmmmmm? Pursuing the gifts - Ummmmmmmm? And then I get upset, and I start talking to myself instead of preaching to myself. I look at all the negatives, instead of looking for the positives.
God please change me!
Let's read the words of Paul...
Ephesians 4:1-16 (ESV)
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit - just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call- one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all. But grace was given you to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift. Therefore it says,
"When he ascended on high he led a
host of captives,
and he gave gifts to men."
(In saying, "He ascended," what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.) And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
I read here that we are called to walk in a manner worthy of the calling. With humility, gentleness, patience, & bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit... - This is Truth! This is the way that I am to live...
As I read this, the Holy Spirit niggles my heart to remind me that in The Bride of Christ, men are being changed into men of humility, gentleness, patience, bearing with others, EAGER to maintain the unity of the Spirit!
Go to your Church, and bless them. Encourage your pastor to be FAITHFUL! Encourage those around you with how you see Christ changing them. The Bride has many critics. If you truly love Jesus Christ and the finished work of the Cross... You will love your brothers and sisters in Christ too.
I think what I am begining to understand is that even when I go to church, I make it about me, and not about Him!
My heart is the problem.
Lord, help us to change!
because...
His Wrath is Satisfied
Now I want to note, that being 'Faithful to preaching the gospel, & pursuing the gifts' are scriptural and should not be compromised. However a Cry Room, friendly people, & Good Snacks are not essentials ... But are helpful!
Do you get frustrated too?
Could you say that you have a judgmental or critical view of others?
Today is Sunday, a day that I have really looked forward to, and at times dreaded.
Why?
Because I have viewed the day with my own thoughts. My own critical, judgmental, frustration, & irritation. How very sad! I have made it ALL ABOUT ME!
Do you go to Church?
My wife and I are in the process of looking for a Church. It has been a very difficult process. I come with all my demands, much like a shopping list... Cry Room - Tic - Friendly - Tic - Good refreshments afterwards? - Tic - Faithful to preaching the gospel - Ummmmmmm? Pursuing the gifts - Ummmmmmmm? And then I get upset, and I start talking to myself instead of preaching to myself. I look at all the negatives, instead of looking for the positives.
God please change me!
Let's read the words of Paul...
Ephesians 4:1-16 (ESV)
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit - just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call- one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all. But grace was given you to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift. Therefore it says,
"When he ascended on high he led a
host of captives,
and he gave gifts to men."
(In saying, "He ascended," what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.) And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
I read here that we are called to walk in a manner worthy of the calling. With humility, gentleness, patience, & bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit... - This is Truth! This is the way that I am to live...
As I read this, the Holy Spirit niggles my heart to remind me that in The Bride of Christ, men are being changed into men of humility, gentleness, patience, bearing with others, EAGER to maintain the unity of the Spirit!
Go to your Church, and bless them. Encourage your pastor to be FAITHFUL! Encourage those around you with how you see Christ changing them. The Bride has many critics. If you truly love Jesus Christ and the finished work of the Cross... You will love your brothers and sisters in Christ too.
I think what I am begining to understand is that even when I go to church, I make it about me, and not about Him!
My heart is the problem.
Lord, help us to change!
because...
His Wrath is Satisfied
Now I want to note, that being 'Faithful to preaching the gospel, & pursuing the gifts' are scriptural and should not be compromised. However a Cry Room, friendly people, & Good Snacks are not essentials ... But are helpful!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home