A reason to get up this morning...
Do you make mistakes? I do! I have made choices that hurt others. Oh how I wish to snap my fingers and undo past hurts and mistakes. I find that I can get caught up in justifying my behavior. Do you?
I find that sometimes I just have to have the last say. Yes I am male too. I am not the type of man to just shut up and let things lie. I have to make sure that my point is understood. I admire people who are able to hold their tongue, but then on the other hand, I judge them as weak when they do not speak up. Anyone else like that out there?
God has blessed me with a wife who is an angel I am sure. Only someone 'holy' could stay married to me... LOL
I was blessed to be given a copy of a book called, 'Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands' by Paul David Tripp. This book is so helpful! I am hoping to share with you some of the things that God is teaching me through this book...
The 1st chapter is called: The best of news: A reason to get up in the morning!
The author has done a great job helping us see some reasons why we do get up in the morning. As a man, it is quite easy to seek fame, & fortune. I have done this.
How comforting to know that God knows my heart! How good that I can confess my sin of fighting for supremacy with God. I can acknowledge my sin. It is sin to be selfish. It is sin to be arrogant. I am a sinner! I must confess, and hold to the promises of God's Word.
Men, I can only testify that I am who I am today - because His Wrath is Satisfied!
I can get up this morning, even though, I have 5 children (with another on the way), I am studying at Bible College, my wife is ill, my children are fighting flu's, my bank balance is low, & I am tired. The only reason I can get up this morning is because of the promises of God, that start in Genesis and continue through to Revelations. The first and last book of the Holy Bible! Get your Bible out and read it brothers & sisters. It is full of TRUTH!!!
Men, Women, whoever reads this ... You can get up this morning and face today! The reason you can face today, is because ...
His Wrath is Satisfied!
Patrick
I find that sometimes I just have to have the last say. Yes I am male too. I am not the type of man to just shut up and let things lie. I have to make sure that my point is understood. I admire people who are able to hold their tongue, but then on the other hand, I judge them as weak when they do not speak up. Anyone else like that out there?
God has blessed me with a wife who is an angel I am sure. Only someone 'holy' could stay married to me... LOL
I was blessed to be given a copy of a book called, 'Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands' by Paul David Tripp. This book is so helpful! I am hoping to share with you some of the things that God is teaching me through this book...
The 1st chapter is called: The best of news: A reason to get up in the morning!
The author has done a great job helping us see some reasons why we do get up in the morning. As a man, it is quite easy to seek fame, & fortune. I have done this.
How comforting to know that God knows my heart! How good that I can confess my sin of fighting for supremacy with God. I can acknowledge my sin. It is sin to be selfish. It is sin to be arrogant. I am a sinner! I must confess, and hold to the promises of God's Word.
Men, I can only testify that I am who I am today - because His Wrath is Satisfied!
I can get up this morning, even though, I have 5 children (with another on the way), I am studying at Bible College, my wife is ill, my children are fighting flu's, my bank balance is low, & I am tired. The only reason I can get up this morning is because of the promises of God, that start in Genesis and continue through to Revelations. The first and last book of the Holy Bible! Get your Bible out and read it brothers & sisters. It is full of TRUTH!!!
Men, Women, whoever reads this ... You can get up this morning and face today! The reason you can face today, is because ...
His Wrath is Satisfied!
Patrick


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home