Saturday, July 15, 2006

Are you spending yourself?

Oswald Chambers in his devotional for us today is a real challenge. I think it should put a fire under us...

I will type it out as it is written on pg. 197 'My Utmost for His Highest'

July 15th
The Point of Spiritual Honour.

"I am debtor both to Greeks, and to the bar-
barians."
Romans. i. 14.

Paul was overwhemed with the sense of his
indebtedness to Jesus Christ, and he spent himself
to express it. The great inspiration in Paul's life
was his view of Jesus Christ, as his spiritual
creditor. Do I feel that sense of indebtedness to
Christ in regard to every unsaved soul? The
spiritual honour of my life as a saint is to fulfil
my debt to Christ in relation to them. Every bit
of my life that is of value I owe to the Redemption
of Jesus Christ; am I doing anything to enable
festation in other lives? I can only do it as
the Spirit of God works in me this sense of in-
debtedness.
I am not to be a superior person amongst men,
but a bondslave of the Lord Jesus. "Ye are not
your own." Paul sold himself to Jesus Christ.
He says - 'I am a debtor to everyone on the face
of the earth because of the Gospel of Jesus; I am
free to be an absolute slave only.' That is the char-
acteristic of the life when once this point of spiritual
honour is realized. Quit praying about yourself
and be spent for others as the bondslave of Jesus.
That is the meaning of being made broken bread
and poured-out wine in reality.


I read this today, and had to think to myself, am I aware of my indebtedness? Am I willing to be thought of as a slave? To think I am a slave?

Oh how my thinking needs to change...

Because...

His wrath is satisfied...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home