What Christ are YOU Serving?
Please read this slowly...
Be encouraged...
Try not to be defensive...
Ask God to speak to you...
I am asking God to speak to you... That these words would speak to your heart and then produce fruit... Fruit that is eternal...
This is exciting - cutting edge stuff... Be encouraged!
'For the popular Christ and the true Christ are two different Christs. There is the watered-down Christ, remodeled to please the masses. You may stand with that Christ and please as many people as he does. But the real Christ does not aim to please men so much as to love them and to glorify the Father. Jesus' truth pierced men's consciences; his love frightened and alienated them, while his relentless pursuit of the Father's glory threatened the institutions they upheld. They could not tolerate his continued existence and so they murdered him.
"If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there shall my servant be also" (John 12:26)'
I am working through - Surprise - Surprise - Another book- entitled: The Cost of Commitment By John White
Paul says "I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself" (Acts 20:24)
I am realizing that I am being lead to; lay down 'my' career, 'my' plans, 'my' money, 'my' affections, 'my' ambitions... - but in giving this to the Lord, after all HE has done for me... does not seem such a sacrifice...
I serve a Risen Savior!
because...
His Wrath is Satisfied
Be encouraged...
Try not to be defensive...
Ask God to speak to you...
I am asking God to speak to you... That these words would speak to your heart and then produce fruit... Fruit that is eternal...
This is exciting - cutting edge stuff... Be encouraged!
'For the popular Christ and the true Christ are two different Christs. There is the watered-down Christ, remodeled to please the masses. You may stand with that Christ and please as many people as he does. But the real Christ does not aim to please men so much as to love them and to glorify the Father. Jesus' truth pierced men's consciences; his love frightened and alienated them, while his relentless pursuit of the Father's glory threatened the institutions they upheld. They could not tolerate his continued existence and so they murdered him.
"If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there shall my servant be also" (John 12:26)'
I am working through - Surprise - Surprise - Another book- entitled: The Cost of Commitment By John White
Paul says "I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself" (Acts 20:24)
I am realizing that I am being lead to; lay down 'my' career, 'my' plans, 'my' money, 'my' affections, 'my' ambitions... - but in giving this to the Lord, after all HE has done for me... does not seem such a sacrifice...
I serve a Risen Savior!
because...
His Wrath is Satisfied


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home