Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Can you see it???

This morning I was reading in Mark 5&6 with a desire to learn more about Jesus. His ministry here on earth. I don't think it was just 'bizarre circumstances' that the recordings that were left for us are just - 'luck of the draw' collections. I think these stories from the disciples are purposeful eyewitness accounts recorded for past, present & future saints to come. How kind of God to leave this for us. To provide a 'Comforter' for our souls. I am grateful Lord - Thank You!

The story of the demon possessed man - (Mark 5:1-20) is packed full of how amazing Jesus is. Here are some I found - Can you find more?

Jesus was not afraid of the demonic...
Jesus was not shocked by the grotesque condition of the man in this state...
Jesus looked past the physical condition of the man...
Jesus has compassion on the man...
Jesus heals the man...
Jesus clothed the man...
Jesus restored the man...
Jesus dealt with the pig issue...
Jesus commissioned the restored man to stay and tell all that had happened...
Jesus was asked to leave the area - and he did...

I see myself in this demonic man. I was a filthy sinner, and he has clothed me in royal clothing. He has and is restoring me.

Dear Heavenly Father -

Thank you for your work in our lives. Thank you for being purposeful. We pray for your will to be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

because...

His Wrath is Satisfied...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home