Thursday, July 27, 2006

More Good News...

'Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands', is a title of a book that I have been working through at slow paces. I love to read books, and I keep going back to this book, and being overwhelmed by Paul David Tripp's understanding of our hearts. Again another great book I strongly recommend for your library.

Last post, about this book, was back on chapter 1 about Reasons to Get Up in the Morning... I want to continue to sharing with you insights I am gaining from this book from Chapter 1. The pages of this book are packed with punches of reality and truth. I appreciate the directness of his authorship, and appreciate the grace the oozes through as well.

Lets meditate on this together today!

What is the best news in your life? Is it the news of possessions, accumulation, grades, promotion, clear bill of health? All of these things are praise worthy, but is this the 'Best news' of all?

In Marks gospel (second book of New Testament) he records the words of Jesus declaring "The time has come. The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!" (Mark 1:15) - Some might think that this is just a grand introduction to Jesus, but on the contrary. It is so much more than that.

This declaration points to the fact that Gods plan from the beginning is unfolding. Jesus is declaring that this is what God has been working on. All of history has been moving towards this moment.

If we read the pages of the Old Testament every good and bad thing, we can see with the coming of Christ, all those good and bad things had a purpose. Throughout the recordings of the Old Testament, battles, journeys, trials, kingdoms, revelations and miracles God is showing that he will restore what has been broken.

'In our self-absorbed culture my friend we need to see the grandeur of this kingdom. We cannot shrink it to the size of our needs and desires, Tripp writes. It takes us far beyond our personal situations and relationships. The King came not to make our agenda possible, but to draw us into something more amazing, glorious, and wonderful than we could ever imagine. Perhaps the best way to understand these grand purposes is to eavesdrop on eternity. In Revelation 19:6-8, the great multitude of the redeemed stands before the throne and, like the roar of rapids, exclaims:

"Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.""

Can I encourage you to meditate on these words today?

because...

His Wrath is Satisfied...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home