Monday, October 23, 2006

A Purpose for my Marriage???

If someone were to ask you, "why are you here?" How do you think you would answer them? Or what about, "what is the purpose of your existence?"

May I stick my neck out and suggest like one of my most favorite authors, CJ Mahaney, that it is not really until we become Christians, that we get some insight, however the truly converted man will tell you the reason he is here is because of God and for God.

So if this is the case - then what is the purpose for the Christians existence?

"To glorify God and to enjoy him forever."

Stay with me here - I want to get your brains thinking -

What does this mean if you are a Christian husband? Could these questions lead to another question? Like - What is the purpose of your marriage?

God has given you a wife right? You are now one flesh with her and joined together in the deepest possible way. - So would God have a purpose for your marriage?

May I strongly suggest - YES! Yes your marriage has a God-given purpose!

Now I want you to go to your bookstore and purchase the book - Sex, Romance, And The Glory of God.

Here are the details -
TITLE: 'Sex, Romance, And The Glory of God' What Every Christian Husband Needs to Know
AUTHOR: C.J. Mahaney
PUBLISHER: Crossway
PUBLISHED: 2004

or alternatively purchase it here!

This is a brilliant book, and has been inspirational in knowing that in loving my wife, I am bringing glory to God.

only because...

His Wrath is Satisfied

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home