Do you doubt the Gifts???
1 Corinthians 14:1&3
1) Let love be your highest goal! But you should also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives - especially the ability to prophesy.
3) But one who prophesies strengthens others, encourages them, and comforts them.
How easy it can be to disregard Scripture that we are uncomfortable with. I confess that I am one who side steps desiring the gifts of the Spirit - because - of my unbelief - it's a bit unknown - a bit uncomfortable...
We had some visitors tonight, who have planted a church in China, and who minister in 'healing rooms'. I will be honest - I have been skeptical, and uncomfortable - because I do not have the faith, and find that those areas are 'unsafe'...
Well they have just left, and my wife and I are amazed at those two. The ministry that they just poured out on us was encouraging, strengthening & comforting.
I want to testify of God's goodness to us -
... they prayed for us and spoke things over us that were unbelievable!
Peace - forgiveness of the past - future ministry - faithfulness - God's provision - but these were so specific! It was surprising that they knew of what is hidden in our hearts.
WOW!!!!
As they were finished praying for us - my wife and I were curious as to how - you move in this area of gifting - so we asked -
They said - "Let's pray for you that you would be given this gift" They laid hands on us and started praying - they asked us to be silent but pray inwardly - then asked us to pray out loud - it was uncomfortable to be honest , at first , but then - We were able to pray for them, and bring encouragement, comfort & strength.
God in His great kindness - healed our unbelief... Do you have unbelief? Ask God to heal your doubting heart.
Please take 1 Corinthians seriously...
because ...
His Wrath is Satisfied
1) Let love be your highest goal! But you should also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives - especially the ability to prophesy.
3) But one who prophesies strengthens others, encourages them, and comforts them.
How easy it can be to disregard Scripture that we are uncomfortable with. I confess that I am one who side steps desiring the gifts of the Spirit - because - of my unbelief - it's a bit unknown - a bit uncomfortable...
We had some visitors tonight, who have planted a church in China, and who minister in 'healing rooms'. I will be honest - I have been skeptical, and uncomfortable - because I do not have the faith, and find that those areas are 'unsafe'...
Well they have just left, and my wife and I are amazed at those two. The ministry that they just poured out on us was encouraging, strengthening & comforting.
I want to testify of God's goodness to us -
... they prayed for us and spoke things over us that were unbelievable!
Peace - forgiveness of the past - future ministry - faithfulness - God's provision - but these were so specific! It was surprising that they knew of what is hidden in our hearts.
WOW!!!!
As they were finished praying for us - my wife and I were curious as to how - you move in this area of gifting - so we asked -
They said - "Let's pray for you that you would be given this gift" They laid hands on us and started praying - they asked us to be silent but pray inwardly - then asked us to pray out loud - it was uncomfortable to be honest , at first , but then - We were able to pray for them, and bring encouragement, comfort & strength.
God in His great kindness - healed our unbelief... Do you have unbelief? Ask God to heal your doubting heart.
Please take 1 Corinthians seriously...
because ...
His Wrath is Satisfied


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home