Tough Lesson in Parenting...
How is it that one minute we can be grateful, and not a second later we are not? Does it ever amaze you that you can have a great devotion - walk out of the room - and BANG! You are hit with bickering children, a community drama, or just an interruption of some sort, and it's as though everything you have just been meditating on or studying escapes you. I find it quite discouraging when I face these situations. I want to turn around and head straight back to the bedroom, shut the door, and prepare myself to go back out and be given a second chance at that same situation.
Just the other day my precious little girl was wrestling with her own sin issues, and instead of
leading her and guiding her, I was careless and hurtful in my approach in training her. I went back into my office and shut the door. I penned in my journal my frustrations, and my convictions, I flooded my brain with scripture and re-addressed my daughter. Not pointing out her sin, but addressing my sin as a father.
The wonderful thing about children is their willingness to forgive! My daughter hugged me and wept with me over my sin, and then we prayed together and encouraged each other.
I don't blog this to blow my own trumpet, I blog this with you to remind myself and you that God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. A great mate of mine told me today that he has a friend who is so smart. "He is so 'smart' and knows scriptures and knows how God works, but he is not humble like you!" This friend continued on comparing me with this spiritual giant, and as he did he said, "you know you are so humble unlike this other guy but your not..." poor guy caught himself and tried to take back that I am not as "smart" as his other mate! This friend is a great friend of mine, and I love him dearly! He is right you know! I really struggle studying full time here at Bible College! I really am! There is hope though... Hope that I can improve! Praise the Lord! But I must acknowledge my deficiencies and seek help. There are young kids here who are acing subjects, were I am just getting through. Now there are some study habits that I can address which will assist me in making better grades, but I must be humble enough to admit that I have made some mistakes this past term. You know Oswald Chambers was right when he revealed his revelation. I concur profusely. When we see ourselves as we truly are, even our righteousness in light of the Saviour, our deficiencies are immense and highlighted.
You know it is easy to listen to ourselves instead of preaching to ourselves. I can very easily compare myself with others, or entertain in my mind those damaging pity parties or take the 'poor me' trips which are not profitable but selfish. Instead, I want, with God's assistance to fix my mind on things above.
Thankfully the kids and I are attempting to memorise Romans 12 (the whole chapter) we are up to verse 8. My oldest son and I are also attempting to memorise and reflect on Philippians 2:3-8. Personally I am reflecting on Psalms 119 which exhorts us to 'hide God's word in our heart that we might not sin against Him'. This is key friends. Vitally important and true!
I encourage you with this because...
His Wrath has been Satisfied...
Just the other day my precious little girl was wrestling with her own sin issues, and instead of
leading her and guiding her, I was careless and hurtful in my approach in training her. I went back into my office and shut the door. I penned in my journal my frustrations, and my convictions, I flooded my brain with scripture and re-addressed my daughter. Not pointing out her sin, but addressing my sin as a father.The wonderful thing about children is their willingness to forgive! My daughter hugged me and wept with me over my sin, and then we prayed together and encouraged each other.
I don't blog this to blow my own trumpet, I blog this with you to remind myself and you that God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. A great mate of mine told me today that he has a friend who is so smart. "He is so 'smart' and knows scriptures and knows how God works, but he is not humble like you!" This friend continued on comparing me with this spiritual giant, and as he did he said, "you know you are so humble unlike this other guy but your not..." poor guy caught himself and tried to take back that I am not as "smart" as his other mate! This friend is a great friend of mine, and I love him dearly! He is right you know! I really struggle studying full time here at Bible College! I really am! There is hope though... Hope that I can improve! Praise the Lord! But I must acknowledge my deficiencies and seek help. There are young kids here who are acing subjects, were I am just getting through. Now there are some study habits that I can address which will assist me in making better grades, but I must be humble enough to admit that I have made some mistakes this past term. You know Oswald Chambers was right when he revealed his revelation. I concur profusely. When we see ourselves as we truly are, even our righteousness in light of the Saviour, our deficiencies are immense and highlighted.
You know it is easy to listen to ourselves instead of preaching to ourselves. I can very easily compare myself with others, or entertain in my mind those damaging pity parties or take the 'poor me' trips which are not profitable but selfish. Instead, I want, with God's assistance to fix my mind on things above.Thankfully the kids and I are attempting to memorise Romans 12 (the whole chapter) we are up to verse 8. My oldest son and I are also attempting to memorise and reflect on Philippians 2:3-8. Personally I am reflecting on Psalms 119 which exhorts us to 'hide God's word in our heart that we might not sin against Him'. This is key friends. Vitally important and true!
I encourage you with this because...
His Wrath has been Satisfied...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home