Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Getting to the core...

I heard about a young boy who was called Worm by friends and peers. The reason he was called 'Worm' is because he continually kept his nose in books. This young man agreed whole heartedly to his nickname because he believed that an apple represents life and a worms job is to get to the core of the apple.

I must say that as I have pondered this young mans insight, I have been humbled and challenged.

How often do I just take a respectable man's words for fact instead of investigating and finding out if that truth is right according to scripture?

For example -

"If you commit suicide you can still go to heaven..."
"God helps those that help themselves"
"You got to do your part..."
"You don't need faith - you need to figure it out!"
"... there is God's permissive will & God's perfect will..."
"God wants us all to be rich..."

There are many others - but when you think about it - Worms work hard at getting to the core of the apple, don't they? We should work hard at uncovering the mysteries of Christ. I want to work hard at understanding who God is... don't you?

Psalms 119:25-32
Daleth
25 My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to your word!

26 When I told of my ways, you answered me; teach me your statutes!
27 Make me understand the way of your precepts,and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
28 My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!
29 Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me your law!
30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I set your rules before me.
31 I cling to your testimonies, O Lord; let me not be put to shame!
32 I will run in the way of your commandments when you enlarge my heart! [2]

Notice all the requests, pleas & actions in these verses!

My soul clings - Give me - teach me - Make me - I will meditate - strengthen me - put false ways - graciously teach me - I have chosen - I set your rules - I cling - let me not be put to shame - I will run - enlarge my heart

A worm works hard at getting to the core of the apple...

May we as Christians work hard at understanding and gaining insight into the core issues of the heart!

only because ...

His Wrath is Satisfied

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home