Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Shhhhhhhhh- Can you Hear?

'The Murder of JESUS' by John MacArthur; Yet another book I am reading.

Last night, I was reading the above mentioned title, and learned new insights...

I do not post these thoughts to add to our need of information but - because if we allow our heart to hear this ... it brings us ever so closely to that place called Golgotha.

Shhhhh - can you hear?

Can you hear the hustle and bustle of the council? The chief priests and Pharisees gathering to plot Jesus murder? (Matthew 26:3-5)

Can you hear Jesus? "No one takes it (my life) from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father" (John 10:18)

There are those who blame the Jews only for the death of Jesus... but it is not so the truth!

Look - can you see?

It was Pontious Pilot, a Gentile Roman governor - who sentenced Him to death.

He (Pontious Pilot) did so in collusion with Herod Anitpas, who (although he bore the title "King of the Jews") was no Jew, but rather an Idumean - a foreign ruler, hated by the Jews, whose throne was granted by Caesar.

Look - Crucifixion was a Roman method of execution, authorized and carried out by Roman, not Jewish authorities.

We need to see, it was Roman soldiers who drove the nails through Christ's hands and feet. It was Romans who erected the cross, and a Roman spear that pierced His side.

You see - the murder of Jesus was a vast conspiracy involving Rome, Herod, the Gentiles, the Jewish Sanhedrin, and the people of Israel.

Please note- It is significant that the crucifixion is the ONLY historical event where all those factions worked together to achieve a common goal.

This was all allowed ...

TO SATISFY HIS WRATH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home