Reading the Red Letters!
John 12:23-28
And Jesus answered them, "The hour has
come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
Truly, Truly, I say to you, unless a grain of
wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains
alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever
hates his life in this world will keep it for either-
nal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow
me; and where I am, there will my servant be
also. If anyone serves me, the Father will
honor him.
"Now is my soul troubled. And what
shall I say? 'Father save me from this hour'?
But for this purpose I have come to this hour.
Father, glorify your name." Then a voice
came from heaven: "I have glorified it, and I
will glorify it again."
The Red lettered words of Jesus are so fulfilling and challenging.
I have been away at a missions conference this past weekend, and heard of wonderful works that are being done throughout the world. I challenge you - if CNN is your only source that you base your world view on - READ THE RED LETTERS of the Gospels. (Matthew, Mark, Luke & John)
Muslims need to hear of the love of Jesus. They live under condemnation. Most Muslims are Muslims because they are born into a Muslim family. Not because they have prayed any prayer. Some have prayed a prayer, but some have not.
I will share a quick story that I heard on the weekend that will cause you to rejoice in the creativity of some to spread the gospel.
Don't you hate being in a public place and hearing someone speak really loudly on their mobile phone? Well this may change!
There was a pastor of a church in Canada who was preaching a sermon, and could hear this talking going on in the back of the church. Some of the congregation members were becoming agitated but no one said anything for a few weeks.
Finally the pastors wife found this lady was on her mobile phone while her husband was preaching and asked her if she would speak to the person out in the foyer.
The lady said, "Oh No! I am on the phone with my family in Iran, and I am interpreting your husbands message to my family in Iran who don't know who Jesus is".
The next Sunday the pastor invited the lady to sit a bit closer so she could hear the sermon better. The pastor had prepared a evangelistic talk this Sunday. At the end of his talk he asked if there was anyone who wanted to receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. He waited and the woman on the phone, with tears in her eyes said raised her hand and said, "We do! My family in Iran we all want to have Jesus as Lord of our lives".
How exciting and creative.
We learned there is one Christian worker for every one million people in the middle east. There are stories of Muslims who have sought asylum in countries like USA, UK, AUS, & other places who have heard that Jesus lives in the west and they are waiting for people to tell them. One man waited 15 years and when the 'door knocker' finally came the man was so grateful and said, "I was told you would come, it has only taken 15 years".
People, when Jesus came into this world, he came to save the world not condemn the world. When he willingly laid down his life, it was for the Buddhist, Muslim, New Aged, Jew, Gentile, it was for ALL.
Can I challenge you to ask the Holy Spirit to grant you a heart transplant? Can I challenge you to ask the Lord for a love for the souls of these that are so in bondage. They have breath but they do not have life. Eternal Life! Pray for the harvest. Pray not your will but HIS to be done!
God being perfect could not look at sin. There had to be a perfect sacrifice!
It was His only Son.
HIS WRATH IS NOW SATISFIED!!!
We can boldly come into His presence...
Only because...
His Wrath is Satisfied!
And Jesus answered them, "The hour has
come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
Truly, Truly, I say to you, unless a grain of
wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains
alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever
hates his life in this world will keep it for either-
nal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow
me; and where I am, there will my servant be
also. If anyone serves me, the Father will
honor him.
"Now is my soul troubled. And what
shall I say? 'Father save me from this hour'?
But for this purpose I have come to this hour.
Father, glorify your name." Then a voice
came from heaven: "I have glorified it, and I
will glorify it again."
The Red lettered words of Jesus are so fulfilling and challenging.
I have been away at a missions conference this past weekend, and heard of wonderful works that are being done throughout the world. I challenge you - if CNN is your only source that you base your world view on - READ THE RED LETTERS of the Gospels. (Matthew, Mark, Luke & John)
Muslims need to hear of the love of Jesus. They live under condemnation. Most Muslims are Muslims because they are born into a Muslim family. Not because they have prayed any prayer. Some have prayed a prayer, but some have not.
I will share a quick story that I heard on the weekend that will cause you to rejoice in the creativity of some to spread the gospel.
Don't you hate being in a public place and hearing someone speak really loudly on their mobile phone? Well this may change!
There was a pastor of a church in Canada who was preaching a sermon, and could hear this talking going on in the back of the church. Some of the congregation members were becoming agitated but no one said anything for a few weeks.
Finally the pastors wife found this lady was on her mobile phone while her husband was preaching and asked her if she would speak to the person out in the foyer.
The lady said, "Oh No! I am on the phone with my family in Iran, and I am interpreting your husbands message to my family in Iran who don't know who Jesus is".
The next Sunday the pastor invited the lady to sit a bit closer so she could hear the sermon better. The pastor had prepared a evangelistic talk this Sunday. At the end of his talk he asked if there was anyone who wanted to receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. He waited and the woman on the phone, with tears in her eyes said raised her hand and said, "We do! My family in Iran we all want to have Jesus as Lord of our lives".
How exciting and creative.
We learned there is one Christian worker for every one million people in the middle east. There are stories of Muslims who have sought asylum in countries like USA, UK, AUS, & other places who have heard that Jesus lives in the west and they are waiting for people to tell them. One man waited 15 years and when the 'door knocker' finally came the man was so grateful and said, "I was told you would come, it has only taken 15 years".
People, when Jesus came into this world, he came to save the world not condemn the world. When he willingly laid down his life, it was for the Buddhist, Muslim, New Aged, Jew, Gentile, it was for ALL.
Can I challenge you to ask the Holy Spirit to grant you a heart transplant? Can I challenge you to ask the Lord for a love for the souls of these that are so in bondage. They have breath but they do not have life. Eternal Life! Pray for the harvest. Pray not your will but HIS to be done!
God being perfect could not look at sin. There had to be a perfect sacrifice!
It was His only Son.
HIS WRATH IS NOW SATISFIED!!!
We can boldly come into His presence...
Only because...
His Wrath is Satisfied!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home